If your home needs roofing services in the near future, it’s important to find a roofing contractor you can trust to put a quality roof over your head.
While some home repairs and renovations like kitchen remodels, new appliances, and new flooring are purely optional, roof repairs are most certainly not. When you hire someone to handle the project, you need to be sure your roofing contractor can get the job done exactly as planned – on schedule and according to your budget.
Rather than simply typing “roofers near me” in your Google search, take some time and consider these tips for choosing the right roofing contractor.
Hire a Roofing Contractor Referred by Someone You Trust, and Read Reviews
The best method for finding a quality roofing contractor near you might be to ask your friends, family, and neighbors. Sit down and think about the people in your life who may have had roofing services done on their properties recently and reach out to them. If you discover anyone who needed a professional roofing contractor in the recent past, you can very likely see the work they performed for yourself by visiting their homes.
Another way to get a quality referral for a roofing contractor is to talk with another contractor you know. Whether they’ve performed work for you in the past or you simply trust their opinions on other local contractors, ask them who they would trust on their roof. The answer they provide may lead you to the best roofing contractor in your area.
Finally, do your due diligence and search out customer reviews online. These are a great way to hear what actual customers are saying.
Meet With Them First
One great way to narrow down the field of potential roofing contractors you might hire is to meet with them face-to-face. Take a close look at the contractor and try to get a good sense of their demeanor – they should be friendly, optimistic, and professional. You want to know for certain that you’re dealing with an authority in the roofing industry, so we’ve prepared a list of questions you can ask each roofing contractor you meet.
Questions You Should Ask a Roofing Contractor
- What areas of my home do you need to inspect to write my estimate?
- How much does each piece of the project cost?
- What types of materials are you going to use, and will their installations affect total costs?
- How much does a total roof replacement cost?
- Do you perform both new installations and roofing repairs/maintenance?
- How will my homeowner’s insurance affect costs?
- What are some of the most common roofing jobs you perform?
- Do you guarantee your work?
- Are you and your workers OSHA compliant?
- How can you ensure the roofing project is completed on time?
Perform Due Diligence
When you’re still trying to decide on the right roofing contractor to handle your project, make sure you do your due diligence and determine whether they’re the right candidate. Make sure your roofing contractor:
- Carries licenses and insurance
- Is willing to provide a written estimate on pricing
- Has a history of quality work
- Has references you can contact
- Can demonstrate experience in your specific project
If you’re ready to hire a roofing contractor that’s willing to answer all of your question and meets all the requirements listed above, it’s time to call Best Choice Roofing. We’ve completed tens of thousands of roofing projects across the country and can’t wait to show you why our previous customers always recommend us to their friends and families.
For more information on hiring the best roofing contractor for your home’s roofing service needs, contact one of our specialists today by filling out our contact form here.