Having a roof installed, maintained, or repaired is a major investment – every time. That means it’s crucial you identify the best roofing company near you to get the job done.
Otherwise, you might end up having to call them later down the road to correct someone else’s mistakes.
Today, let’s go over everything you should know to find the best roofing company near you and how you can get them to work on your home’s roof ASAP.
Qualities of a Great Roofing Company
The first step in making the right decision on a roofing company is to identify a set of qualities in them that align with industry standards.
The best roofing company near you should be:
- Licensed to perform roofing services in your area.
- Fully insured and bonded.
- Willing to meet with you to discuss your budget and desires.
- Willing to provide a written estimate.
- Able to provide references and a list of completed projects.
Additionally, here are some red flags to look out for when hiring a roofing company:
- They’ve changed their company name multiple times.
- They want to be paid in full upfront.
- They won’t provide or sign a contract.
- They ask for cash payments and won’t provide receipts.
- They don’t have proper gear like hardhats, safety equipment.
- They have old, obviously outdated equipment.
- They are not licensed, insured, or bonded.
- They leave messy job sites.
Services a Roofing Company Should Offer
No matter where you live, you should be able to find construction companies and contractors that provide roofing services in addition to their main focuses. However, anyone you hire should be capable of handling specific roofing services and be able to demonstrate considerable expertise in those areas.
The most important roofing services a company near you should offer include:
- Free roof inspections
- New roof installation services
- Roof replacement services
- Roof maintenance services
- Roof repair services
- Roof ventilation services (installation, maintenance, repair)
- Roof cleaning services (pressure washing, debris removal)
Many roofing companies also provide gutter installation and repair services, siding services, and even window installation services. While additional services are always a benefit, enabling you to get every job done through a single point of contact, they aren’t a requirement. As long as they offer the services you need performed and can prove they have the qualities of a great roofing company, you can feel comfortable hiring them for your project.
Choosing the Best Roofing Company
Once you’ve done the research and identified the qualities and services of a great roofing company, you may be ready to make your final hiring decision. If you still aren’t entirely sure, try and find some roofs in your area the company installed or made major repairs on – that way, you can see their handiwork with your own eyes. If you happen to know the homeowners (or business owners), speak with them and ask how they felt about their experience.
If you find more than one quality roofing company near you, trust your gut. If your instincts lead you to choose one over another, you probably know what’s best for your property and your roof. For more information on how you can hire the best roofing company for your next project, contact the team at Best Choice Roofing today.