When severe weather invades your region of the country, you can rest at ease if your home is covered by a roofing system you trust. Roof shingles beautify and protect your most significant investment, and it’s essential to choose shingles that are engineered and tested to resist harsh weather.
Read on to gain insight into the multiple benefits of Owens Corning roofing shingles.
The Owens Corning Advantage
Respected industry leader, Owens Corning, manufactures insulation and roofing components that are used on homes throughout America. They offer various product lines you can browse and find the optimal solution for your desired aesthetics, budget, and level of impact resistance you need. They even provide algae-resistant shingles to keep unsightly algae from invading your roofing shingles.
Asphalt roofing shingles at their finest
Owens Corning offers a wide variety of shingle colors and styles so you can maximize your curb appeal.
- Shingle style – Dimensional shingles add visual interest to your home by giving your roof a three-dimensional look.
- Shingle color – Roof shingle granules come in a variety of colors. When you replace your roof, it’s the perfect opportunity to “up” your style by choosing a new roof color. If your exterior is already busy, a calming, simple roofing color will balance it out nicely.
If you are looking to change your exterior palette, or if your home is monochromatic, why not choose an attractive dimensional roof? This gives your roof a thicker, textured look that injects style into your aesthetic.
- Shingle performance – Owens Corning Duration shingles include patented SureNail Technology in each shingle. SureNail technology consists of a fabric strip integrated into the roofing shingles where the nails are placed during installation. This ensures roofing nails sit at the correct depth, and create a stronger grip on the shingle, making it more resistant to blowing off.
Owens Corning—not just roofing shingles, but a roofing system
The components of a roof work together synergistically to ensure your home is fortified against the elements. When you choose Owens Corning’s Total Protection Roofing System, you cover your home with a roofing system, a reliable brand, and Total Protection that you can trust.
Your eyes see beautiful shingles, but under them is a system of engineered components that were created and tested to ensure your dwelling is safeguarded from the weather elements. The high performance Owens Corning is known for gives you peace in the midst of any storm.
The system ensures your home is:
- Well sealed – The two-part protection guards your roof deck from damaging water intrusion.
- Ice and water barrier – This safeguards your roof in the places where water endeavors to pool: near your roof valleys, eaves, chimneys, and skylights.
- Synthetic underlayment – This water-shedding barrier is located below your shingles and protects your roof from unwanted moisture damage.
- Thoroughly protected – Each of the three main parts of your roof is covered with special shingles designed for that area, ensuring its fortification.
- Starter shingles – These shingles (sometimes called “starter strips”) are installed along your eaves and rake areas—which are often exposed to strong winds. These shingles will not be visible from the curb. They live under the roofing shingles that you see from the street.
- Roofing shingles – Available in a wide range of styles and colors to maximize your home’s curb appeal, durable roofing shingles are your home’s first line of defense against the elements. These are the shingles you see from the street as you look at your home.
- Hip and ridge shingles – This finishing touch complements your visible roofing shingles and ensures your home is well fortified against high winds along the hip and ridge areas.
- Able to breathe – The Owens Corning roofing system ensures your roof can breathe—meaning that it has proper ventilation—ushering warm, humid air out of your attic, and replacing it with cool, dry air. This ensures your roof stays in excellent condition and performs as it was designed to for its lifetime.
- Intake ventilation – This helps air circulate into your attic, ensuring your roofing components deliver high performance and last like they were designed to.
- Exhaust ventilation – This helps safeguard your roofing components from water intrusion and decreases the possibility of damaging ice damming.
- Creates a comfortable temperature inside – Meet the Department of Energy’s recommendations by adding attic insulation to your home. This ensures your home is comfortable and heightens your roofing system’s performance.
- Insulation is added to your attic to create a buffer between outdoor temperatures and your living area, maximizing indoor comfort, and lowering heating and air-conditioning use.
The Importance of Expert Installation
In order for your roofing system to perform as it was designed to and last as long as it should, it’s vital to hire a reputable roofing contractor (like us!) to install it.
Recognized by Owens Corning as one of the top 1% of roofing contractors in the U.S., our Best Choice Roofing team has over 60,000 successful roofing projects under our belt. You can trust our expert crew to deliver detailed roofing installation and a customer-first approach—so you get to enjoy a beautiful, robust, and new roof.
Transform Your Home with a Gorgeous New Roof
Owens Corning roofing systems take the guesswork out of roof replacements. Their proven track record gives homeowners confidence in moving forward with their new roof.
Don’t get stuck in the midst of your current need for a roof replacement and allow damaging moisture to invade your home. Take a moment to learn more about how our roofing services can deliver the quality you’re looking for in roofing materials and installation.
You’ll be amazed at how your curb appeal will elevate when you replace your roofing shingles. Our in-house financing at Best Choice Roofing makes it easy to take the next step.